Cosmetic Safety Assessment
Cosmetic safety is a key issue for consumers and manufacturers as it provides cosmetic compliance with (EC) No 1223/2009. Cosmetic products must demonstrate compliance with Article 3 of the Regulation regarding safety by undergoing Safety Assessment. According to Annex I, Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) should be conducted for this purpose. CPSR is the core of PIF (Product Information File). QACS Labs perform cosmetic safety assessment services for cosmetics to assist you reach regulatory compliance with EU competent authorities.
Part A of the Cosmetic Product Safety Report intends to collect and evaluate information necessary to the cosmetic product’s safety. Part B involves the Safety Assessment conclusion. QACS Safety assessment services are in line with Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009, Annex I. All tests required for safety assessment can be performed by QACS Lab.
- Quantitative and qualitative cosmetic product formula
- Physicochemical characteristics and stability of the cosmetic product
- Microbiological quality
- Impurities, traces, information about the packaging material
- Normal and reasonably foreseeable use
- Exposure to the cosmetic product
- Toxicological profile of the substances
- Undesirable effects and serious undesirable effects
- Other information on the cosmetic product (e.g. studies on human volunteers)
- Cosmetic Assessment conclusion
- Labelled warnings and instructions of use
- Reasoning leading to the assessment conclusion
- Assessor’s credentials and approval of Part B