Cosmetic Patch Test
Potential irritants and product tolerability are assessed via Patch test & HRIPT (Human Repeated Insult Patch Tests). Dermatological compatibility tests from QACS follow the guidelines regarding the use of human volunteers in compatibility testing of finished cosmetic products. Our dermatological testing services assist you assess non-irritant and hypoallergenic cosmetic claims.
Why Patch Test?
Patch test allows you to use the claim dermatologically tested. Patch testing is conducted on 10 to 50 volunteers of various skin types. You can however customize the volunteer number and skin characteristics depending on your needs.
During a patch test a small amount of the ingredient or the finished product is applied on an occlusive patch. The patch test is then affixed on the back of adult volunteers (directly on the skin) for 48 hours. After the patch is removed, dermatologists perform a clinical observation of any skin reactions. The irritant potential is ranked based on a predetermined scale that corresponds to the irritation degree.
The results are classified as:
- Negative (-)
- Irritant reaction (IR)
- Equivocal / uncertain (+/-)
- Weak positive (+)
- Strong positive (++)
- Extreme reaction (+++)
Human Repeated Insult Patch Test
We examine skin compatibility and allergic potential of final cosmetic products with Human Repeated Insult Patch Test (HRIPT). With the HRIPT, or RIPT test, hypoallergenic test, Allergic reactions and Hypoallergenic claims are assessed after repeated application of the product to the skin.
- Apply the patch with the product directly on the skin of the volunteers for a specific period of time.
- Repeat the applications 9 times over a period of 3 consecutive weeks, the necessary period for possible allergy induction.
- Allow for a rest period of at least 2 weeks without any patch applications.
- Proceed with a single application of a patch on the previous induction site and on a virgin site for a specific period of time.
- Check for possible induced allergies upon removal of the patches.
>We assist you with
- customized patch test panels depending on your needs
- experienced and qualified support by Dermatologists, Cosmetologists/Aestheticians
- state-of-the art equipment
- statistical interpretation of data
- wide volunteer range covering age, skin types, gender
- Competitive prices and rapid TAT
- Compliance with regulatory requirements (Regulation (EC) no 1223/2009, Regulation (EU) no 655/2013, SCCS Notes)